This section provides an interactive reference for the JSON-RPC API of MetaMask's Wallet API. The API builds on a set of standard Ethereum methods with MetaMask-specific enhancements, and is designed for seamless integration into dapps.
View the JSON-RPC API methods by selecting them in the left sidebar. You can test the methods directly in the page, using the pre-configured examples or custom parameters. You can also use save URLs with custom parameters using your browser's bookmarks.
Each method may have one or more of the following labels:
- MetaMask - These methods behave in ways specific to MetaMask, and may or may not be supported by other wallets.
- Snaps - These methods are related to interacting with Snaps.
- Restricted - These methods are restricted, which require requesting permission using
- Mobile - These methods are only available on MetaMask Mobile.
- Experimental - These methods are experimental, and may be changed in the future.
- Deprecated - These methods are deprecated, and may be removed in the future.
- Ethereum API - These are standard Ethereum JSON-RPC API methods. See the Ethereum wiki for more information about these methods.